Osteria Francescana, which came in second at last year's awards, is located in the small city of Modena in northern Italy's Emilia Romagna region.
It's helmed by chef Massimo Bottura, a man credited with reinventing classic Italian cuisine by offering dishes that combine tradition and irreverence and touch all the senses.
Coming in at number two on the list was last year's champion, El Celler de Can Roca, while New York's Eleven Madison Park moved up two places to grab the number three spot.
While accepting his award at the ceremony, held June 13 in New York, a thrilled Bottura held up an Italian flag, saying he felt he might cry he was so emotional.
"I want to thank everyone," he said.
"Our job is all about hard work. People think we are rock stars, we are going here or there. It's all about our work -- in the kitchen, every day, to work and succeed."
Top 10 comings and goings
Many of the usual culinary suspects rounded out this year's top 10.
Lima's Central, led by Virgilio Martinez, held onto its number four position. Last September, it topped Latin America's 50 Best Restaurants list for the second year running.Copenhagen's Noma -- the 2014 champion credited with the rise of "new Nordic cuisine" -- fell from third to fifth. Mirazur, located in Menton, France, jumped from 11th place to sixth, while San Sebastian's Mugaritz dropped a spot to number seven.Tokyo's Narisawa -- number two on Asia's 2016 Best Restaurants list -- held onto eighth.
At ninth, Steirereck of Vienna celebrated its first appearance in the top 10, along with Biscay, Asador Etxebarri's restaurant in Spain. Last year's highest climber, in 2016 the Spanish barbeque eatery moved from 13th up to number 10.
Perhaps the biggest surprise of the night was the dramatic drop of London's Dinner by Heston Blumenthal.
Last year's number seven, it plummeted to 45th place.
Another noticeable absence from the top 10 was Asia's best restaurant, Gaggan.
The Bangkok-based Indian restaurant slipped from 10th to 23rd this year.
Maybe less surprising -- with the list often criticized for its male dominance -- was the absence of female-run restaurants.
Dominique Crenn of Atellier Cren was named "World's Best Female Chef" while Tokyo restaurant Den was awarded the "One to Watch" prize.
France's Pierre Herme was named best pastry chef.
The "Chef's Choice Award," voted on by other chefs on the 50 best list, was awarded to Joan Roca of El Celler de Can Roca.
This year's lifetime achievement award went to chef Alain Passard of Michelin three-star restaurant L'Arpege in Paris.
According to organizers, the results were compiled from an "independent" voting panel of 1,000 judges that were subject to adjudication.
This year's awards ceremony, widely viewed as the Oscars of fine dining, took place in New York -- moving away from London for the first time as part of efforts to make the event "truly global."
During the awards, it was announced that the 2017 World's 50 Best ceremony will take place in Melbourne, Australia.
The 50 best
1. Osteria Francescana (Modena, Italy) 3. Eleven Madison Park (New York City)6. Mirazur (Menton, France) 7. Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain) 8. Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan) 10. Asador Etxebarri (Biscay, Spain)11. D.O.M. (Sao Paulo, Brazil)12. Quintonil (Mexico City) 13. Maido (Lima) -- Highest riser16. Azurmendi (Near Bilbao, Spain) 17. Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)18. White Rabbit (Moscow) 21. Arzak (San Sebastian, Spain) 22. The Test Kitchen (Cape Town, South Africa)24. Le Bernardin (New York City) 26. Clove Club (London) -- Highest new entry27. Saison (San Francisco) 28. Geranium (Copenhagen, Denmark)32. Restaurant Andre (Singapore) 33. Attica (Melbourne, Australia)34. Restaurant Tim Raue (Berlin, Germany)35. Vendome (Bergisch Gladbach, Germany)38. De Librije (Zwolle, Netherlands) 39. Le Calandre (Padua, Italy)41. Faviken (Jarpen, Sweden) 42. Ultraviolet (Shanghai, China) 46. Combal.Zero (Rivoli, Italy)47. Schloss Schauenstein (Furstenau, Switzerland)49. Quique Dacosta (Denia, Spain)
While it may be very very easy to have a tattoo store, looking for a efficient one may take some research. Because a tattoo is a thing long term, it is important which you be sure to search for a excellent tattoo store.
Methods that will help look for a dependable tattoo shop
Are there family members, friends or co-workers who may have a tattoo or tattoos on their own bodies? If the reply is a yes, then ask them regarding the tattoo shop where they got their tattoo. Additionally it is important that you ask them regarding their encounter to see if it was excellent or awful.
Since the majority with tattoos such as to talk about their tattoos, it may not be a bad idea to inquire a stranger regarding their tattoo. A lot of people who might have tattoos are usually able to tell you about where they had their tattoos accomplished.
When someone using a tattoo had it carried out a trustworthy tattoo store, they will be very happy to refer anyone to the tattoo store because they are satisfied with the outcome.
Enter into some of the tattoo outlets and ask a number of questions
Consider the artists portfolios and ask some questions. I know that it can be a little daunting when you have in no way had a tattoo done before. Inside my experiences, though, tattoo shops can help you meet some fantastic people.
Find out about sterilization procedures
A reliable tattoo store will usually tell you that they simply work with new needles and they also stick to rigorous public health recommendations in most their services. Stay away from unclean tattoo shops as they can expose you to infections.
A tattoo store should work with an autoclave to sterilize any equipment that may be not disposed of after each tattoo plus they really should use needles only one time. In case a tattoo shop reuses tiny needles or some other equipment, that is a great idea to look for another store.
Tattoo artists have got to abide by tight rules for invasive body decorations and should be licensed s set through the Health department of the city. A respected tattoo store is correctly licensed and abides by pertinent health regulations.
Look at the artist’s portfolio
Checking out a tattoo artist’s portfolio will assist you to use a rough understanding of the artist’s prior work and help you to decide whether or not the artistic style matches your individual needs. Ensure that you take a look at all of the portfolio’s which can be usually located in the lobby part of most stores.
In this particular area, you'll discover countless superb images that can provide you with a solid idea of what you would like in a tattoo, and also the style that you want.
As you can tell there are numerous methods which will help you discover a established tattoo shop. Just continue with the guidelines in this post and you will definitely never regret obtaining your tattoo done because you will have observed tattoo artists work on your tattoo.
More details on the leading tattoo shops in San Antonio Texas that you may have faith in!
By Lisa Baertlein
| LOS ANGELES
LOS ANGELES More than 40 people have fallen ill with E. coli food poisoning after eating at Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG.N) restaurants in six different states, federal health officials said on Friday, sending shares of the burrito chain to an 18-month low.
The outbreak expanded with new Chipotle-linked E. coli cases reported in California, Ohio, New York and Minnesota, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
The CDC said 45 people got sick from the E. coli O26 outbreak strain, and of those, 43 reported eating at Chipotle. Sixteen people have been hospitalized and no deaths have been reported.
Chipotle's tagline is "Food with Integrity", and it has a reputation for serving healthy, fresh food. This outbreak, the company's third food safety lapse this year, has been a black mark for the popular chain that saw its shares tumble 12.3 percent to $536.19 on Friday.
The outbreak also speaks to changing consumer tastes. U.S. diners are demanding more fresh, less processed foods. While such products are generally healthier, cooking and other types of processing can kill pathogens that make people sick.
The source of the food contamination has not yet been found, but some investigators and experts suspect produce or another perishable item. High heat kills E. coli, and it is unlikely that all of the affected restaurants undercooked meat.
COAST TO COAST
The Chipotle outbreak was first identified in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon, and the company closed all 43 of its restaurants in those markets on Oct. 31.
Last week, Chipotle reopened those units after deep-cleaning the properties and replacing food.
Chipotle, which also has hired food safety consultants, is testing food and changing food preparation procedures, and said it is taking similar actions at the other restaurants linked to the outbreak.
The new reports of illness were tied to Chipotle restaurants in Turlock, California; Akron, Ohio; Amherst, New York; and Burnsville, Minnesota.
Due to the timing of visits - in late October and on Nov. 6 - and the average time of illness onset, Chipotle does not believe it is necessary to close those restaurants, company spokesman Chris Arnold said.
The number of cases could go higher as state and federal investigators check to see if other reported E. coli illnesses match the Chipotle strain.
One Chicago customer, who ordered a chicken bowl with brown rice on Friday afternoon, was undeterred by the news.
"If it was closer to home, you might think about it more," said the customer, who declined to give his name.
In a Seattle area Chipotle, Akberet Gedlu, 29, said she scanned the restaurant for signs of uncleanliness when she arrived, concerned about the expanding number of cases. But she picked up a chicken burrito with her young son.
"I hesitated. I don't want to get sick. It was convenience. It's right there," she said.
Analysts expect the outbreak to dent sales.
Seattle attorney Bill Marler, who is representing nearly three dozen people affected by the outbreak in Oregon and Washington state, said the increase in reported cases raises the likelihood that the culprit will be identified.
"There has to be a common supplier with a common food item," Marler said.
According to the CDC, most people infected with E. coli develop symptoms of illness about 3 to 4 days after contact with the germ.
CDC currently is investigating a separate outbreak, unrelated to Chipotle, of Salmonella Poona infections linked to imported cucumbers. Four people have died as a result of that outbreak, which has made 838 people in 38 states sick.
(Additional reporting by Tom Polansek in Chicago and Eric Johnson in Seattle; Editing by Sandra Maler, Bernard Orr and Ken Wills)
newsbulletin.nbFooter = ""
//append widget header
$("#newsbulletin > .midcontainer").append("");
$("#newsbulletin > .midcontainer").append(newsbulletin.nbContainer);
$("#newsbulletin > .midcontainer").append(newsbulletin.nbFooter);
newsbulletin.nbDiv = document.getElementById('nbItemContainer');
nbjsId = 0;
newsbulletin.load = function()
//to try and handle caching in webkit browsers
Obtaining a tattoo could be a exciting and fun experience. The catch is, tattoos last for life. Sooner or later, a lot of people arrived at be sorry for their decision. A leading example of this is when people receive the name of their significant other tattooed on their bodies. If the relationship ends, they may want to hold the tattoo taken off.
So that you can understand how tattoo removal works, it is important to first have an understanding of exactly what a tattoo is. In essence, the tattoo artist uses a needle to push small quantities of ink down into your skin layer. After the ink is within place, it can stay there permanently. Throughout the years, numerous techniques have already been accustomed to remove tattoos. Here are among the most frequently utilised strategies:
1. Cryosurgery. With this particular method, the tattoo is actually frozen off the skin. Liquid nitrogen is sprayed to the skin, quickly very cold the surface layer. As time passes, this layer of skin peels off, revealing fresh skin beneath. By repeating this method repeatedly, eventually, the ink through the tattoo will fade. Unfortunately, this method could lead to scarring.
2. Microdermabrasion. As you may guess from the name, this procedure depends on employing an abrasive to completely "sand" away the outer lining layer of your skin. The abrasive is applied to the area the location where the tattoo is, wearing across the outer skin layer. As soon as the top layer of skin is removed, new cells are produced to exchange it. As time passes, this leads to the tattoo to fade.
3. Excision. This method is restricted to tattoos that are small and minor. In simple terms, the tattoo is surgically cut from the skin. The facial skin which was removed is going to be replaced with a skin graft. This technique is not really very well liked since it can't be employed to larger tattoos and it leaves behind significant scarring.
4. Chemical peels. Using this type of technique, a certain chemical solution or a weak acid is applied on the surface of the skin, causing it to get rid of. Ultimately, the most notable layer on the skin peels off, being replaced by new skin cells from underneath. The procedure is repeated until all indications of the tattoo have faded away.
5. Laser removal. With regards to tattoo removal, laser treatments are far and away the best option. Basically, a series of different laser beams are used to break up the ink inside of the skin. The procedure is far gentler of the epidermis in comparison to the other approaches and requires minimal healing time.
Simply click here to learn more how to easily remove your tattoos in Tx!
Do you have a flat move springing up that is starting to help you feel restless and nervous? You need to know that this may not be something to stress over, as apartment moving within america if very common and it may be easily tackle by online packers and movers which can be part of a national network.
Apartment moves can be stress-ridden just for about anybody. However, stress may be reduced drastically by using as well as these pointers:
1. Pretty much monthly before your move, go on a tour to inspect your current apartment to help you make lists. List so what can be dumped, the things you may be able to give to charity, and what you would like to sell online or through a garage sale. Concerning references from the dentist and doctor about who you may use in your new location, then work towards transferring over school records and insurance information. This can also be the best time to put together your home plants that you are considering transferring.
2. Once another week passes by, it is possible to plan out the food usage so that you can easily use up any of the perishable meals that you may have. Bring your change of address forms home through the post office and top off a form for everyone who will likely receive mail at the current address. It is additionally a good time to train your pets to the move, teaching these to adjust to being temporarily confined. Additionally, keep in mind that movers are not going to accept any corrosives, flammables, and explosives including firearms or ammunition. Drain out all fuel tanks within your lawnmower as well as other equipment and disconnect any batteries from your appliances which you are not likely to be likely to use before your apartment move.
3. Once you have 14 days to look before your apartment move, it will likely be time to decide what items you want to pack yourself and what you would leave as much as the movers. At the same time, draw up a floor plan from the new apartment and map out the place you will want the movers to set your furniture. Return anything that you may have borrowed, for example library books and collect whatever you may have loaned out to other folks. Talk with your bank about transferring your credit account or closing it for you personally. Request any disconnection of the utilities and remember that you have to make last minute travel plans.
4. Once you have just a week left to go your apartment, you should reconfirm your traveling details. Collect any maps and whatever else you have to support you with travel plans. Setup the arrangement to cover your movers for services during the time of delivery and think about having your telephone service able to be set up in your brand-new apartment and also have your old service disconnected. This is a good time and energy to transfer your bank account details and start packing increase your bags, including your necessary medicines you will require available.
5. Around the last day prior to move, make certain you look at the list and view it twice for everything that should be covered. Complete your packing, putting your essential products in a bag that exist to easily. This can include your toiletries, emergency medicines and information and facts that you require handy for that move. This really is the time to defrost and clean from the fridge and freezer.
If everything is planned out well, at the time of the move you are likely to feel nice relaxed. The last job is checking on the apartment, handing across the keys and having on the road. You are prepared for the big apartment move and the start of your daily life from the new location.
If you are planning to transfer house, make it hassle free by selecting an apartment movers.
Internet marketing is essential for getting your business out there online. If you haven't utilized it yet, now is the time. This article will teach you some of the basic knowledge you'll need to create an internet marketing plan for your business.
Links on every page of your site are called site wide links. Often, these links are placed at the bottom of a site's page. Site wide links are good to have in your main page for everyone to see, like a pre-sell or order page. The site-wide links that appear at the bottom of the page will be easy to see. You could also make navigation easier for your visitors by organizing your links in a menu. A menu should be designed logically and should contain a description about each page.
When you are writing your HTML code, it is important to remember the aspects of your site that your customer never sees. Meta tags are one example. These tags are the first thing a search engine uses to determine the nature of a website. Focus on creating tags that are relevant to your site, and then then add some alternative tags that will help you increase traffic. Only use mega tags that will be used by your readers.
There are a number of uses for HTML tags. An H tag is used to indicate text that is most important and is a vital tag. This causes text to appear in bold. Use these tags to mark titles and important paragraphs. In this way, your page will be more appealing to those reading it. It will also allow search engine spiders to more easily identify the important content. Make sure when you develop titles that you are utilizing specific keywords.
Always try to come up with innovative methods for promoting your wares on the Internet. While other marketing techniques can also grow your business, do not write off the potential benefits of internet marketing. Since internet users can tend to be dedicated to various things, many videos or other internet materials can often go viral. All that refers to is the fact that internet fans help spread the item across their networks of friends and other contacts. Viral material will give you more exposure even if the video or picture only remains popular for a short period of time. If you develop unique and amusing content, you never know what good things could happen. Knowing what tends to go viral is the first step to creating a viral sensation.
Internet marketing is a vast field, so be wary that these tips only comprise a brief sampling. After it is operational, you can then look for more tips that will help you achieve more success.
Discover web marketing here.
- World's 50 best restaurants of 2016
- Looking For A Trustworthy Tattoo Shop-3 Ways To Get Yourself A Great Tattoo Shop.
- Chipotle E. coli outbreak reaches six states, shares tumble | Reuters
- Lifestyle News, Photos & Videos
- How To Make Doing away with An Unpleasant Tattoo
- Essential Hints For Powerful Apartment Moves
- Succeed In Internet Marketing When You Get On The Right Track